Designer Aaron James Draplin at CreativeMornings Portland
The DDC 50 Point Plan To Ruin Yer Career
In his talk, Draplin shows the fifty-point plan of his company, DDC. Here are soome highlights:
- Enjoy the moment (1)
- Work with your friends (8)
- Know your tools, and be thankful they exist (9). Think how difficult everything could be without them. 20 years ago.
- Provide proof of bonifide graphic art existence (12). Show the stuff you have done.
- Quit spending yer money on bullshit (16)
- Dream up a plan (21)
- Be the client (29). Do things by yourself.
- Grab yer social media by the throat (36). Make every tweet and post count. Nobody wants to hear how milky your coffee is.
- Don’t worry about awards (40)
- Get free (44)
- Know what you love (46)
- Don’t forget about the things you hate (47)
- Work hard and love this shit (49)
- Be thankful for everything (50)
Image | The Great Discontent