Today, I spent a couple hours playing with the Alfa Duo, and I've been able to successfully embroider custom vector drawings.
Here are the steps of my current workflow, still in beta.
- Create a design in Adobe Illustrator
- Export to DXF
- Import in Rhino 7
- Use the imported design as input in Grasshopper 3D using the Pipeline component
- Subdivide each curve with tolerance as a polyline
- Bake the resulting polylines and export them to
.ai for Illustrator
- Open the design in Illustrator and save as SVG
- Read the shapes from the SVG with Processing 4
- Export the design as
PES for embroidery
- Send the
PES to my iPhone via Airdrop
- Load the design in My Patterns app to send the design to the Alfa Duo