Draplin is a designer born in Detroid, Michigan. He is the co-founder of Field Notes together with Jim Coudal.
The DDC 50 Point Plan To Ruin Yer Career
In his talk, Draplin shows the fifty-point plan of his company, DDC. Here are soome highlights:
- Enjoy the moment (1)
- Work with your friends (8)
Know your tools, and be thankful they exist (9). Think how difficult everything could be without them. 20 years ago.
Provide proof of bonifide graphic art existence (12). Show the stuff you have done.
- Quit spending yer money on bullshit (16)
- Dream up a plan (21)
Be the client (29). Do things by yourself.
Grab yer social media by the throat (36). Make every tweet and post count. Nobody wants to hear how milky your coffee is.
- Don’t worry about awards (40)
- Get free (44)
- Know what you love (46)
- Don’t forget about the things you hate (47)
- Work hard and love this shit (49)
- Be thankful for everything (50)
Image | The Great Discontent